Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mathematical Model for Surviving a Zombie Attack!

If there is anyone that reads my blog, [Paraguay?? anyone....?] they would certainly know my recent love affair with all things ZOMBIE, from hi-jacked construction worker signs, to upcoming films, to Left4Dead pc game.
So when I caught this article at my favorite online WIRED [i swear they should pay me advertising royalties], of course I had to sit back and smile, at the sheer awesomeness. -Mathematicians writing a portion of their thesis, on the dangerous statistics of a theoretical Zombie outbreak. HA!It's an interesting, if incomplete, attempt at a formula for how fast a outbreak of zombies could begin out-numbering the human population in a town of 500,000 people. The results may scare you. (Because you know, Zombies could happen someday...you just wait and see!)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Nice. :)